(WGRV-Greeneville) Emergency personnel responded to a camper that was on fire on Wednesday, with a child reportedly dying in the fire.
A male juvenile perished in the fire while a female child was flown to North Carolina for burn treatment, according to Greene County Sheriff Wesley Holt.
A camper was fully engulfed in flames on Woolsey Road. The complainant told the Greene County Sheriff’s Department that a child was still in the camper. The father allegedly fled through a field on a four-wheeler.
An investigation revealed that extension cords were running from a trailer to the camper and had been spliced together. A welder was hooked to a generator. Inside a shed was a moonshine still with two 55 gallon drums full of what was believed to be corn mash.
The Greene County Sheriff’s Department and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are continuing the investigation.